Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Photos Part II


Sebree, KY First Baptist Church - great stop for the night.

Bridge crossing the Ohio from KY into IL.  That is not a shoulder - I had to ride on the road across.  Not fun, but I pulled over to take these shots.

My first new state - Illinois.  Not the prettiest place I've ever been too....

Murphysboro, IL.  
My one night in St. Louis - still managed to get a good shot by the arch.

Starting point of the Katy Trail.



Shots along the Katy.  Followed the Missouri River for a ways and gave me lots of wooded cover most of the way.  Hardly saw a soul as well - it was great!


Me in Clinton, MO, final stop on the Katy.



Finally made it into Kansas.  Road would look pretty similar to this the rest of the way.

Crossing the lower end of I-35, which I've ridden many a time up in MN to the Twin Cities.

Needed a break, and had to show off my new sunglasses.

More Kansas road and a look at the big sky around me.

Was a big fan of the clouds in Kansas.

That's it for the bike portion - didn't take a final shot in Garden City since I never reached my real final destination.  But in Garden City I was able to go check out these Bison really up close.  Pretty cool.

Add Image

1 comment:

  1. I think it's funny how at the St. Louis Arch there's a picture of your bike with the Arch and not you.

    ReplyDelete