Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 3 Hodgenville

Great day of riding yesterday - about 65 miles, great weather again and was able to get here by dinner time. I did have to go over the biggest hill I'll have to do for quite some time...and ended up having to walk half of it, I was out of gas as it was at the time. Saw more tobacco farms then I had been - it's nice to bike along side the rows and rows of crops insted of by front porches all day. Also noticed a couple wine farms (yes grape farms, but you know what I mean), and it seems like just about everyone out here raises horses.

Ended up camping at a county park - which turned out to be just a few baseball fields and a swimming pool, but I'll take it. No one else was out there last night and it ended up having a pretty big storm on me -- I'm lucky I got their early enough to set up my tent before it hit, but there was quite a bit of lightning and rained for several hours. It was the first storm that tent has seen, so I'm glad it passed that test alright.

Well that's all for now - I better hit the road for the day. I haven't yet gotten in the habit of waking up early...figured that would be happening by now, but guess not. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. Hembre, I thought this might be helpful to you on your trip.

    http://www.secretsofsurvival.com/survival/dog_attack.html

    ReplyDelete