Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 15: Hesston

Woke up this morning too lots of clouds overhead - a big change from the miles of clear skies the day before. I wanted to get in my first ride (35 miles, break possibility at 18) before the rain hit, but of course 2 miles in it started to rain. Pretty unpleasant hour and a half ride and I arrived into Rosalia to find their store didn't open until 11. Ugh. It was pouring out, so I took refuge at the high school - where I had to chill for 2 hours before the skies cleared up.

Booked it up to Cassoday and grabbed some lunch, but wanted to get back on the road again since I was already behind and it looked like the weather would hold for a little. The next stretch was 38 miles without anything in between, so I wanted to at least get a good portion in before bad weather hit. Ended up getting 35 miles in - 3 short of Newton before it started drizzling, but I made it here and found the library. I'm planning on making the 10 mile trip over to Hesston shortly and then possibly pushing 22 more to Buhler, although we'll see. If I don't make it to Buhler, I'll either have to do a real long, or real short day tomorrow since there is a 58 miles gap with nothing before I hit Larned, KS.

No comments:

Post a Comment